Why Our Kanban Training Approach Is Different
The 10th Principle of the Agile Manifesto states, “The art of maximising the amount of work not done is essential”. If you want to get yourself and/or your team up and running with the most essential elements of Kanban, with the least amount of time and effort, this course is for you!
With first-hand experience of training and coaching 150+ remote global teams to successful outcomes, during the first year of the pandemic, we have seen that Kanban is stealing the march on becoming the preferred approach to delivery with agility.
We have also learned that traditional 2-day Kanban training is less effective for rapid outcomes with Kanban teams than short, highly-focused training, supported by ongoing coaching.
Based upon “Just Enough Learning”, in the fashion of the Toyota Production System’s “just in time” ethos, our Kanban training is broken down into bitesized units, starting with just enough focused training for teams to get up and running with Kanban quickly.
Combine our focused training with your free post-training Agilistix Academy Agile coaching (included with this course) and you are well on the road to delivering more valuable outcomes sooner.
Delivery with agility, when applied to learning, is a smarter way of learning.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to build upon their foundational knowledge and/or experience of Kanban by focusing on maximising flow of value delivery. Unleash the true power of Kanban!
Important: This course is a prerequisite for Agilistix Academy Kanban For Portfolios (AA-KFP) course and higher.
In order to take this course you will have completed the Agilistix Academy Kanban Foundation (AA-KF) course and passed the associated exam.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Name the practices of Kanban.
- Define the metrics for measuring flow in Kanban.
- Identify the common team process impediments for flow.
- Identify waste in a team’s process.
- List ways of limiting WIP.
- Contrast the difference between limiting WIP and optimising WIP.
- Demonstrate how to measure cycle time.
- Explain the importance of continuous improvement.
- Relate Lean Principles to workplace practices.
- Improve flow of value to the business.
- Measure flow of work through a kanban system
- Identify bottlenecks.
- Define workflow.
- Create policies.
- Evaluate workflow metrics.
- Improve feedback loops.
- Successfully complete the Agilistix Academy Kanban For Teams (AA-KFT) exam.
In order to graduate this course, you must successfully complete the Agilistix Academy Kanban For Teams (AA-KFT) exam.
- Fee: Included with AA-KFT course
- Questions: 60
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
- Timebox: 60 minutes
- Pass Mark: 80%
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Language: English only
Exams are always optional. We recognise that for many people, the training is more important than a credential or certificate.
Although we recommend taking our courses in the recommended progressive order, starting with the foundational courses, this is not mandatory. Feel free to learn at your own pace and take the courses that suit you.
However, in order to maintain the highest standards of certification, where a course has an associated exam and certification is required, the exam must be taken in the stated order, in conjunction with any prerequisite foundational exams.
It is not possible to skip lower-level exams in order to take higher-level ones.
Please ensure that you purchase and pass the relevant foundational exams (included with individual training courses and course bundle deals), before attempting higher level exams. You will not be permitted to take an exam without passing the prerequisite foundational exams first.
Upon successful completion of each exam you will receive:
- A lifetime (non-expiring) Blockchain verifiable, Digital Badge for each exam for use on your CV, online social media profiles such as LinkedIn, email footers, websites to promote your achievement and build your personal brand.
- A lifetime (non-expiring) Digital Certificate of Completion for each exam, with your name and unique Learner ID, substantiating your credential.
- 60 days free membership of the Agilistix Academy community, where you can share your Agile learning experience with your peers, receive support and, whilst your membership remains active:
- Enjoy FREE post-training coaching workshops to set you up for success.
- Access to Agilistix Academy benefits, including community webinars and events, workshops.
Access to Agilistix Academy Faculty Team for professional advice.
- Opportunity to renew your Agilistix Academy membership and continue to enjoy the benefits once your free membership expires.