Not just Agile but Lean Agile. By combining the fundamentals of Lean Thinking and an Agile mindset, you will discover the amazing potential that this toolkit can provide in order to maximise the flow of value delivery with agility.
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to gain foundational understanding of Lean Agile.
Important: This course is a prerequisite for Agilistix Academy accredited Scrum, Kanban, Lean Six Sigma and Agile Leadership foundation-level courses and higher.
You might be in any of the following groups:
- Anyone who is new to Agile or wishes to study our Scrum, Kanban, Six Sigma, DevOps and Agile Leadership Learning Paths
- Agile team members
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Project Managers
- HR, Finance and Marketing Teams
- Leaders of all levels
Delivery Method: Live Online | Instructor-Led
Duration: 4 Hours
CPD Points: 4
There are no prerequisites for this course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the 5 basic principles of Lean Thinking.
- Distinguish between Agile and Lean.
- Explain why Lean Thinking and Agile mindset are a great blend.
- Name the 8 Wastes of Lean.
- Identify which of 8 Wastes of Lean applies to a given wasteful process scenario.
- Describe the reasons for the inception of the Agile Manifesto.
- Describe the advantages of a Lean Agile approach vs. a traditional / waterfall approach to delivery.
- List the Values of the Agile Manifesto.
- Explain why Value and people come first.
- Name at least 4 Principles of the Agile Manifesto.
- Discuss a defined process vs. Agile empirical processes.
- Discuss approaches to the empirical model for improvement and change.
- Describe the business culture and the economic case required for Agile.
- Describe the implication of Agile practices on individuals, teams and businesses.
- Give examples of how we can respond to change in with Agile.
- Describe the common Agile accountabilities roles, techniques and practices
- Successfully complete the Agilistix Academy Lean Agile Foundation (AA-LAF) exam
This course includes 1 optional exam:
- Agilistix Academy Lean Agile Foundation (AA-LAF)
Although it is not mandatory to take our exams, you will need to do so if you want to graduate with a certification.
- Fee: Included with AA-LAF course
- Questions: 30
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
- Timebox: 30 minutes
- Pass Mark: 80%
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Language: English only
In order to graduate this course, you must successfully complete the Agilistix Academy Lean Agile Foundations (AA-LAF) exam:
Exams are always optional. We recognise that for many people, the training is more important than a credential or certificate.
Although we recommend taking our courses in the recommended progressive order, starting with the foundational courses, this is not mandatory. Feel free to learn at your own pace and take the courses that suit you.
However, in order to maintain the highest standards of certification, where a course has an associated exam and certification is required, the exam must be taken in the stated order, in conjunction with any prerequisite foundational exams.
It is not possible to skip lower-level exams in order to take higher-level ones.
Please ensure that you purchase and pass the relevant foundational exams (included with individual training courses and course bundle deals), before attempting higher level exams. You will not be permitted to take an exam without passing the prerequisite foundational exams first.
Upon successful completion of each exam you will receive:
- A lifetime (non-expiring) Blockchain verifiable, Digital Badge for each exam for use on your CV, online social media profiles such as LinkedIn, email footers, websites to promote your achievement and build your personal brand.
- A lifetime (non-expiring) Digital Certificate of Completion for each exam, with your name and unique Learner ID, substantiating your credential.
- 60 days free membership of the Agilistix Academy community, where you can share your Agile learning experience with your peers, receive support and, whilst your membership remains active:
- Enjoy FREE post-training coaching workshops to set you up for success.
- Access to Agilistix Academy benefits, including community webinars and events, workshops.
Access to Agilistix Academy Faculty Team for professional advice.
- Opportunity to renew your Agilistix Academy membership and continue to enjoy the benefits once your free membership expires.