“The Product Owner is accountable for maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the Scrum Team”, Scrum Guide 2020.
Arguably, the work done by the Product Owner is more challenging than any other Scrum team member. This is why it is important for a product owner to have at least Agilistix Scrum Master (AA-SM) level knowledge.
Who is it for?
To be an effective Product Owner it is necessary to understand the semantics of Scrum as well as the dynamics of how a Scrum Team should work.
This course is for Product Owners, Product Managers, those seeking to become Product Owners and anyone who wants a deep insight into what Product ownership is all about.
Important: This course is a prerequisite for Agilistix Academy Product Owner Advanced (AA-POA) course and higher.
In order graduate from this course you will have completed the Agilistix Academy Scrum Foundation (AA-SF) course and passed the associated exam.
You should also read the Scrum Guide to familiarise yourself with the rules of the game. It’s only 13 pages, easy to learn, difficult to master!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the Accountabilities of a Product Owner
- Create a Value Proposition for your product.
- Define a Product Goal.
- Justify a Product Goal to stakeholders and Scrum Team members.
- Construct a Product Backlog.
- Prioritise a Product Backlog by value.
- Apply Pareto’s rule to prioritising the Product Backlog.
- Explain the Product Goal to Developers and stakeholders.
- Judge whether the Product Goal has been clearly understood.
- Appraise the Transparency of your Product Backlog.
- Inspect stakeholder feedback to reprioritise the Product Backlog.
- Demonstrate how to break down stakeholder requirements.
- Distinguish between Sprint Goals and Product Backlog Items.
- Maximise the value of the product resulting from the work of the Scrum Team.
- Successfully complete the Agilistix Academy Product Owner (AA-PO) exam.
In order to graduate this course, you must successfully complete the Agilistix Academy Product Owner(AA-PO) exam.
- Fee: Included with AA-PO course
- Questions: 60
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
- Timebox: 60 minutes
- Pass Mark: 80%
- Difficulty: intermediate
- Language: English only
Exams are always optional. We recognise that for many people, the training is more important than a credential or certificate.
Although we recommend taking our courses in the recommended progressive order, starting with the foundational courses, this is not mandatory. Feel free to learn at your own pace and take the courses that suit you.
However, in order to maintain the highest standards of certification, where a course has an associated exam and certification is required, the exam must be taken in the stated order, in conjunction with any prerequisite foundational exams.
It is not possible to skip lower-level exams in order to take higher-level ones.
Please ensure that you purchase and pass the relevant foundational exams (included with individual training courses and course bundle deals), before attempting higher level exams. You will not be permitted to take an exam without passing the prerequisite foundational exams first.
Upon successful completion of each exam you will receive:
- A lifetime (non-expiring) Blockchain verifiable, Digital Badge for each exam for use on your CV, online social media profiles such as LinkedIn, email footers, websites to promote your achievement and build your personal brand.
- A lifetime (non-expiring) Digital Certificate of Completion for each exam, with your name and unique Learner ID, substantiating your credential.
- 60 days free membership of the Agilistix Academy community, where you can share your Agile learning experience with your peers, receive support and, whilst your membership remains active:
- Enjoy FREE post-training coaching workshops to set you up for success.
- Access to Agilistix Academy benefits, including community webinars and events, workshops.
Access to Agilistix Academy Faculty Team for professional advice.
- Opportunity to renew your Agilistix Academy membership and continue to enjoy the benefits once your free membership expires.