Not just for Scrum Masters but for all Scrum Team members, including Product Owners, Developers and anyone else who wants to leverage the benefits of early delivery of value to stakeholders and the business with Scrum.
Who is it for?
Ideal for Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Project Managers, Leadership Teams and those collaborating with Scrum Teams and anyone who wants to understand the basics of Scrum.
Important: This course is a prerequisite for Agilistix Academy Scrum Master Advanced (AA-SMA) course and higher.
In order to take this course you will have completed the Agilistix Academy Scrum Foundation (AA-SF) course and passed the associated exam.
You should also read the Scrum Guide to familiarise yourself with the rules of the game. It’s only 13 pages, easy to learn, difficult to master!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Compare Scrum Accountabilities.
- Explain how Lean Principles apply to Scrum.
- Apply the 8 Wastes of Lean to Scrum.
- Distinguish between self-managing teams and self-organising teams.
- Demonstrate the responsibilities of a Scrum Master to the Scrum team.
- Demonstrate the responsibilities of a Scrum Master to the business.
- Identify the accountabilities of a Scrum Team.
- Illustrate how a Scrum Master can contribute to a Scrum Team’s effectiveness.
- Explain the importance of the Commitments of Scrum.
- Discover new ways of facilitating Sprint Retrospectives.
- Demonstrate the importance of transparency.
- Inspect feedback and adapt your response accordingly.
- Explain the importance the of Definition of Done.
- Successfully complete the Agilistix Academy Scrum Master (AA-SM) exam.
In order to graduate this course, you must successfully complete the Agilistix Academy Scrum Foundation (AA-SF) exam.
- Fee: Included with AA-SM course
- Questions: 60
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
- Timebox: 60 minutes
- Pass Mark: 80%
- Difficulty: intermediate
- Language: English only
Exams are always optional. We recognise that for many people, the training is more important than a credential or certificate.
Although we recommend taking our courses in the recommended progressive order, starting with the foundational courses, this is not mandatory. Feel free to learn at your own pace and take the courses that suit you.
However, in order to maintain the highest standards of certification, where a course has an associated exam and certification is required, the exam must be taken in the stated order, in conjunction with any prerequisite foundational exams.
It is not possible to skip lower-level exams in order to take higher-level ones.
Please ensure that you purchase and pass the relevant foundational exams (included with individual training courses and course bundle deals), before attempting higher level exams. You will not be permitted to take an exam without passing the prerequisite foundational exams first.
Upon successful completion of each exam you will receive:
- A lifetime (non-expiring) Blockchain verifiable, Digital Badge for each exam for use on your CV, online social media profiles such as LinkedIn, email footers, websites to promote your achievement and build your personal brand.
- A lifetime (non-expiring) Digital Certificate of Completion for each exam, with your name and unique Learner ID, substantiating your credential.
- 60 days free membership of the Agilistix Academy community, where you can share your Agile learning experience with your peers, receive support and, whilst your membership remains active:
- Enjoy FREE post-training coaching workshops to set you up for success.
- Access to Agilistix Academy benefits, including community webinars and events, workshops.
Access to Agilistix Academy Faculty Team for professional advice.
- Opportunity to renew your Agilistix Academy membership and continue to enjoy the benefits once your free membership expires.